Join the FDCW Team! We're looking for a Communications and Marketing Manager.
“The key to a happier and more successful world is the growth of compassion. We do not need to become religious, nor do we need to believe in an ideology. All that is necessary is for each of us to develop our good human qualities.”
— The Dalai Lama, Honorary Patron, Foundation for Developing Compassion and Wisdom
The Foundation for Developing Compassion and Wisdom (FDCW) is a global non-profit that provides secular education programs blending Buddhist psychology with modern teaching techniques in non-religious language.
Our programs empower people to live happier lives. They offer practical tools to transform our minds and therefore our outer world.
Program participants are encouraged to break through their self-limiting beliefs, step outside their destructive patterns, build better relationships, and ultimately develop their own innate capacity to be wise and compassionate.
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated, skilled and enthusiastic person to join FDCW’s team based in London as the Communications and Marketing Manager.
We are a small, but dynamic and fun team dedicated to serving our worldwide community with efficiency, kindness and skill and we do it all in a professional, friendly, warm-hearted way.
Vacancy: Communications and Marketing Manager
Days per week: 3 days
Length of contract: 6 months (with the aim for it to be renewed on a yearly basis)
The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills, who has enthusiasm, initiative and can manage their own workload effectively and who enjoys working in a small, committed, happy team dedicated to serving others.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Develop and implement FDCW’s global communications and marketing strategy to its accredited facilitators, trainers, stakeholders, funders and wider community
· Improve strategy to promote FDCW’s secular education programs and courses delivered worldwide
· Oversee the App, Online courses, and other downloadable materials available for free and purchase via FDCW’s website
· Manage FDCW’s interface with its community of facilitators, funders and stakeholders; including compiling newsletters; developing FDCW’s website and social media presence and donor care materials
· Devise new strategies for improving communications and engaging by stakeholders
· Support the development of FDCW networks, contacts and partnerships
· Devise new opportunities for expanding the reach of FDCW programs to reach into new audiences
Salary: £27,000 for 5 day week; pro rata this is £16,200 for a 3 day week
Work status: This post is only open to candidates with the right to live and work in the UK
Application deadline: Tuesday 26th March 2019. Interviews: Monday 1 st April 2019
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The team member we are looking for will have the following qualities, skills and experience:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and in particular:
- experience in communicating with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- experience In writing inspiring public communications
Skill in planning and executing projects
A good team player who is self-motivated to manage own workload effectively
Experience in targeted marketing
Proven experience in social media promotion campaigns
Skill in managing website content and format (using systems such as Joomla and Square Space)
Experience using Photoshop and Indesign an advantage
Knowledge of French, Spanish, Italian or other languages an advantage
Experience sending out ENewsletters via Mail Chimp
Experience working with Fundraising Manager to engage donors, Case for Support, fundraising targeting
· To develop and sustain FDCW’s relationships with its stakeholders and supporters by providing them with regular updates, excellent website content, and updated branded materials for courses, promotion of courses and follow up materials
· Creation of a local and international marketing strategy for courses and workshops offered by FDCW and its accredited facilitators worldwide
· To manage the development and maintenance of FDCW’s online presence via social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Blog etc
This will include identifying priorities with the Executive Director; setting up and managing work plans and budgets to agreed timelines; providing regular reports to the Executive Director and working collaboratively with FDCW supporters worldwide.
1. Create a local and global communications and marketing plan
1.1 Analyse the audiences of FDCW and their communication needs
1.2 Develop and implement a Communications and Marketing Strategy for FDCW
1.3 Introduce and maintain FDCW branding across all platforms, and for upholding standards through creating and disseminating guidelines and style sheets
1.4 Oversee FDCW’s marketing activities in all its interfaces with the general public and the media
2. Manage the FDCW interface with its community of facilitators, participants and supporters
2.1 Create regular FDCW newsletters and mailings, seeking collaboration from other team members as needed; as well as sourcing news items from the UECW worldwide community.
2.2. Develop, maintain and monitor FDCW’s online presence, via its websites and social media presence
2.3 Development the contacts database for FDCW allowing for audience segmentation and targeted communication strategies and campaigns
2.4 Design, plan and manage FDCW public events, in collaboration with the Fundraising Manager
2.5 Maintain accurate records on all the above activities, in the form of databases, libraries and filing systems
3. Support the development of FDCW networks and partnerships
3.1 Work harmoniously with FDCW communications consultants: including FDCW Designer, Website developer and marketing consultants.
3.2 Support the Fundraising Manager and Executive Director in developing FDCW relationships and communications with the rest of the FPMT, the FDCW affiliates network, for example through contributions to Mandala magazine on the FPMT website, and through preparing resources and activities for FPMT events and presentations
3.3 Work with the Fundraising Manager and Executive Director to identify other organisations working in the same field, to develop mutual networks and relationships, and to explore the potential for collaboration
3.4 Identify and plan participation at events that help to raise FDCW’s public profile
4. IT tasks
4.1 Take responsibility for the development and maintenance of FDCW’s web servers in conjunction with the IT support company.
4.2. Maintain mailing lists, databases, Mailchimp account, website content etc
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and CV to Victoria Coleman, Executive Director, via email to email@example.com
A short-list of candidates will be invited to interview at our office on Monday 1st April 2019
Start Date: Monday 8 April 2019
Application Deadline: Tuesday 26th March 2019